The link is http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/mp-seeks-to-raise-latest-racist-episode-in-parliament/.
As much I hate racial slurs by anyone. I think things should not be taken out of context by any means. We don't know the situation the teacher was in. Maybe I am thinking this way because I had a teacher who called me "estate" , my friends "kampung" and "jinjang". And the best part is I am not from an estate. He would constantly shout at me and say "you balik India lagi bagus la, face the ball man". After the game we would laugh at the way he goes berserk when we play hockey. It is his way of encouraging us. At that point of time no one thought it was racist. No one complained it in the newspaper, no MP brought this issue to the Parliament. And I don't really understand why it is a big issue now.
Going back to the above incident, lets assume I am late for my SPM exams , this would have been most probably the scenario. Lets go by teacher that have taught me before in no particular order.
- Cikgu Yusuf would have
- Given me a panampar Jepun
- Kicked my ass and cursed me to oblivion
- Cikgu Rabindra
- Would have stepped my foot with his foot
- Got hold my neck, and knuckled my head till .....
- Cikgu Ibrahim
- Would have pinch my nipples
- Pulled my sideburn till I ......
- Would caned me,( she would normally take 3 steps back, sprint and swoosh)
- Would have given me a lecture until I would fall on her feet for forgiveness. (surpasses all corporal punishment)
- En.Ajmer Singh.
- Hmmmm. Most probably all of above and a suspension.
Just assume after get whacked and I go back home and complain to my parents. The following will definitely happen in sequence.
- My mom would have given me a lecture and informed my father.
- My father would have come back and caned me.
- I would have to go back to school accompanied by my mother.
- Where she would hand a brand new "rotan" to every teacher whom she sees.
- And she would say this" Pukul dia, jangan kesian dia, kalau rotan pecah saya beli baru punya"
And please don't bring politics to school. I beg you politicians.